Coronovirus Covid-19 Update
The current situation almost world wide caused by the Covid-19 epedemic is causing many sporting fixtures to be either cancelled or postponed. The situation in October this year cannot be predicted at the moment which brings some uncertainty to holding the championships.
Whilst the situation in one country may be resolved by October this may not apply to other countries from which riders may wish to take part and the championships would not be a true world championships without full and proper international participation.
The travel and hotel arrangements may also not be possible and should social distancing still be in force this would not be practical in an indoor arena.
The championships organisation have therefore decided to delay any decision until the end of July and if the event then does look to be viable this leaves a 6 week period in which to complete the organisation and receive entries up to the mid September closing date.
In order not to receive any further entries or ticket sales until this date the on-line entry system and ticket sales will not be open. This will save having to make lots of refunds should the championships not go ahead.
We trust that you will all understand the situation and we do look forward to seeing you in Manchester if at all possible.
Best wishes, stay safe
Ian Emmerson OBE, Championships Organisation.
April 29th 2020